Tuesday 22 May 2012

Travel Day

Brianna:  In the morning, at 5.30am, we all sprung out of bed to get ready for our exciting day.  In the Koru Lounge we had some really yummy hot croissants and hot cocoa.  On the plane, we watched movies as soon as we sat in our seats.  There were really cool movies and they gave us some really cheesy pizza and juice! 
When we got off the plane I was excited to be in Australia and it smelt like a different country.  When we were in the car driving to our gran's house we noticed the gravel on the road was a different colour and the trees had lighter leaves than in NZ.  Australian money smells and looks different to NZ money.  It took us a little while to get to Grans' because Michael trusted his GPS in finding the way there and we got lost for about 10 minutes which he blamed on mum and the GPS.  But we know better (that is a *gross* exaggeration - Ed.)  At least we found out there was a Hungry Jacks here (a.k.a. Burger King in NZ).
When we got here we were greeted by one very excited Gran.
We found out that gecko's poo on the window sill.

Sophie:  At 5.30am we bounded out of bed like a Kangaroo.  At the airport I had jitters in my stomach because I was extremely excited about going to see Gran in Australia.  The Koru lounge was awesome.  We had delicious croissants and milo.  And I invented a yummy drink - L&P and Ginger Ale - it's yummy.  On board the plane I was leaning back in my seat because of the speed we were taking off.  I watched Fantastic Mr Fox and ate delicious cheesy pizza and yummy tropical juice.  It was really awesome to look out the window and see all the clouds beneath us.
We were greated by hugs and kisses from Gran. 

Carter:  On the airplane I watched a movie and I liked the pizza I had.  I was excited to see gran for the first time.  My bed at Gran's is comfy.  The pool at grans was cold and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment