Wednesday 23 May 2012

Wet n Wild!

Sophie: We started in the wave pool.  The waves were very big and me and Brianna were tossed around like corks on the ocean.  Then we went to kids pirates bay. It was really awesome and my favourite bit was the big hollow pirates head up the top.  It would fill with water, and then, tip with an almighty crash, drenching everybody.  Next we went on the aqua race because Carter wanted to go on it.  I grabbed my foam mat and scurried up to the top.  3,2,1...pffft  the lifeguard blew the whistle and we were off.  It was very bumpy and at the end I felt dazed!

The green slides were really cool because you could choose to go down an enclosed slide or an open slide. I went on the open slide first then I went back and did the enclosed slide.

My favourite slide, was the tornado!  You would get an inflatable donut with four seats and heave it up the flights of stairs, put it in the water, sit in it and go WOOOSHing down. You would go for a little bit, and then there was a giant drop.  Dad was faced backwards and screamed like a little girl (no offence to girls) (true story.  Although lets say a pretty staunch little girl - Ed.) 

We got extremely wet and definately wild. 



Carter: I liked the green bumpy slides (aqua race) because they were bumpy and fast.  I liked the orange slide at the pirates bay because it was twisty and turny and it had sprinklers in it that got us wet.  I left early with gran and I liked Hungry Jacks and my blue drink. 

Brianna:  Today the kids got up freakishly early (again) and we got straight in to our togs and got ready to go. But then the adults said there's one more hour til we go :-(.
When we got to Wet n Wild Carter said "whoah, look there's a pool"! which we thought was cute and funny. 

The first ride we did was called the Aqua Race where you got your own mat climbed up the torturing stairs, and when you got to the top you would put your mat in the water hold onto the handles then the whistle would go and you would lie on your belly and go down the slide. When we went down the bumps, water kept splashing in my eyes.  It was really fun.  At the end of the ride my mat and me went flying in the air. 

After that we sprinted off to the green slides and went wooshing down in about 20 seconds.  Then we walked over to the tornado.  We got a rubber floating ring and it could fit four. So me, Mom, Michael and Sophie went on.  It was soo fun because we would spin around then go down a really steep hill and WOOSH down.  Then you would go splashing round in a big giant funnel, then go through a hole to the end.  It felt so scarool (scary/cool). 

We were soooo tired at the end of the day after running around to get to the slides and running up all the long flights of stairs.

Note from the big kids:  Wet'n'Wild was fantastic!  Michael was the only one brave enough to take on the Aqua Loop -- with the rest of us quite happy to watch from the safety of solid ground.  The tornado was a total blast -- a full-on thrill ride that the family could all do together, on a single raft.  After our first (of many) rides, Michael was heard to say, "What just happened to me?"  He was the poor sucker who went backwards down the ridiculously steep drop into the funnel.  Carleen was reluctantly excited to try the Surf Rider which turned out to be an (expletive filled) blast.


1 comment:

  1. Brianna: Winston wrote a letter to you when he heard you were on holiday.

    Dear Brianna
    I miss you but I’m so sad.
    I hope you are having a lovely holiday in Australia. The weather is cold here. I hope it is sunny and hot over there.
    Maybe you have been to Dreamworld, Movieworld or Seaworld?
    Have you been to Pizza Hut in Australia?
    I love going to Pizza Hut. My favourite pizza is Super Supreme. I go to Pizza hut with my mum once a week.

    I am Looking forward to seeing you back at school next week.

    Your Friend
    Winston

    ReplyDelete